I had the opportunity to use this program with two Spanish typing avatars. The translation, while not perfect, was better than I had expected. If you want to try it, here are the directions:
How to use (copied) Wear it. Should be a HUD point. If you don’t know what this means, then just drag it from your inventory to the ground, and follow he directions.
You will be prompted to Pick the language YOU speak. This sets De-babbler to your language.
TO TRANSLATE YOURSELF This button turns De-babbler ON/OFF. When you turn it on, you will be asked what language you want to be translated to.
TO TRANSLATE OTHERS
- (1) This button picks the person you want to translate. You will be asked to pick the language they are speaking. To remove someone from the list, just push this button again, and pick their name again.
- You must be within 50 meters of them
- The machine can hold about 30 names, then it removes the oldest one
- (2) This button turns translate others On and Off. When you turn it on, it will begin translating others you picked in step 1
- You can pass people a copy using the Gift button when you are in their area
- Pirate translation is via http://pirate.monkeyness.com/
- Max Case the inventor has many other items available on his web site, SL exchange, athttp://www.slexchange.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=138377 Max’s Blog: http://www.maxcase.info/?s=babbler